The Wisconsin Association of School Councils is a non-profit organization dedicated to the development and continuation of leadership opportunities throughout the state of Wisconsin. The WASC is widely considered one of the strongest student leadership organizations in the country. In fact, we were the first state association, formed over 75 years ago. We have built our programs based on decades of experiences and are confident we have created some of the best programs in the nation. Membership in WASC provides you and your school with an abundance of benefits, whether you are elementary, middle level, and high school students, advisors, administrators, or parents.
Membership is the lifeblood of our organization and we pride ourselves on offering great values for our members. We are depending on your involvement to achieve these goals and to make this year absolutely amazing!
Our organization succeeds due the contribution of our members. To support our mission, we have divided the state into six regions; and each region is run by elected students and advisors. There are opportunities available at the local, regional, state & national levels. We urge representatives from all schools to attend regional meetings and to become involved in the state sponsored activities.
Thank you again for joining WASC. We sincerely hope your membership experience will be very worthwhile to your school, your students, and your community.
- Representation on State Governing Board
- Host Regional & State Events
- Represent Wisconsin at the National Level
- Staff Opportunities at Summer Programs
- Annual State Conferences (all levels)
- Course Credit via Universities
- Regional Leadership Summits
- New Advisors Series
- High Impact Leadership Graduate Course
- Raising Student Voice Participation Training
- Summer Leadership Camps
- State Delegate Assembly
- Access to Attorney with expertise in school/contract/student law
- Legal Updates on Educational Issues
- Regional Advisor of the Year
- Principal of the Year Award
- Leadership Award
- Meritorious Membership Award
- Association Friend Award
- National Warren E. Shull Awards
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Spirit & Standards of Excellence
- News Notes and e-Leadership Lessons
- Resource Center: Books & Articles
- Conference & Workshop Materials
- Online Resources via our Website
- Publish your success in our state newsletter
- Scheduled Networking Sessions at all Conferences
- Mentoring (informal and formal)